Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls: Stage Fright- November 17th, 2009

The book I have been reading at home was Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls: Stage Fright by Meg Cabot. This book made me feel excited because in this book the main character, Allie has been practicing the main role of a school play and she's practically memorized her lines so I got excited to see if she would get the main role, but then I got unhappy because her friend got the main role instead of Allie getting the main role so she got stuck being an evil queen. I have a connection from real life, last year we were doing a play called 'The incredible journey of Harriet Ham burger' I auditioned for the part of Stephine the tongue because it had a lot of lines, but I got a different part a part with very little lines the uvula. I did eventually get happy with my part because it was a very important part of the digestive system just like Allie. This helped me understand the book better because I started to feel Allie's disappointment in not getting the part. This is a just right book for me because I can summarize it well also I understand it very well.

The two characters I want to talk about are Cheyenne O'Malley and Allie Finkle. The two of them change through out the book in almost the same way, but they do change in a different way. In the beginning of the book Allie started out being happy about the audition for the play and was preparing and memorising her parts. When she got to school and auditioned she was still happy until her teacher told her she didn't get the part then her whole mood changed to sad and grumpy. But as her uncle explained to her that every role is important she began to get happy about her part and acted perfectly at the performance. So basicly Allie changed from being grumpy about her part and changed to loving her part and understanding that every role is important. Cheyenne starts out just like Allie happy and knowing not hoping to get the main role. She also gets dissapointed and shocked when she didn't get the main role. So from then on Cheyenne acts terribly because she didn't get the main part, but when it come's to the performance for the parents Cheyenne acts perfectly. Cheyenne changes by learning that all roles are important, just like Allie. But I do know one thing that will never change inbetween Cheyenne and Allie is that they will never be friends they will always be enemies, but if it does change and they become friends I know all readers will be surprised. What made them change was the fact that they both wanted to do a good job for their parents.

The problem of the story was resolved when Allie's Uncle taught her that all roles are important. I think that this changed Allie's entire mood of the play, she first thought that all roles are unimportant even the evil person in the play, she thought that everybody would hate her and boo to her and tease her about her part, but since her Uncle taught her she now knew that all roles in a play are important other wise you couldn't have a play with one person missing. What I would change in the book is that Allie and Cheyenne stay enimies. I would change this because I always think pepople shouldn't hate each other. I also think that its mean for people to envy others and make other people jealous like Cheyenne. I would also change the fact that Allie is very weak when she loses the part because she does cry. I think the authors message is that every one is important. Some people think they're more superior than someone else when they're in the same rank.
Thank you hope you liked my lit letter.

3 comments:

  1. I really liked how you wrote a lot, about Allie's feelings, how she felt sad, and excited, about the school play that was coming up. I think, if I was Allie, I would feel really upset, when you practiced really hard, and you end up with another role. I think you also did a really good job, on how you explained a lot, on why you wanted to change that part, in the book, with your own strong feelings. Your summary, had gave me an big idea, of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how you made a connection from the story to your real life, and explained how you felt when you didn't get the part. I also liked the way you wrote about Allie's feelings. I think her Uncle was a big part of the story, because if her Uncle didn't tell her that every role is important, then Allie might not have realized it. You did a good job on what part of the story you will change about the book, because, you put in lots of your own thinking to that. Your book report was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you made your connection because you described it a lot of it so that the reader will understand. I didn't understand the part when you said" I would change this because I always think people shouldn't hate each other" I think you should say why and you misspelled some words.

    ReplyDelete